Summer Sales Success! Part 3
Conversation Sales Tips
32. If you're genuinely curious, you'll have better results, says sales and management trainer and co-author of Your Successful Sales Career Len Fowley: "Get fascinated with your prospect."
33. Maintain a 2:1 ratio of info to feedback -- for every two benefits you give the prospect, ask a question confirming you're on the right track.
34. Show, not tell: "At the moment you're tempted to tell the buyer what 'he needs to do,' instead offer a story about a peer of the buyer," says Mike Bosworth, author of Solution Selling and What Great Salespeople Do.
35. But keep that story short, because experts say an easy-to-follow success story is dramatically more effective than a long or wandering one.
36. Swap out the word "but" for "and" to sound like you're agreeing with your prospect and take them off the defensive when you're actually offering a counter idea.
37. Silence gives prospects a chance to process information and makes interactions feel more like conversations than sales pitch, so don't rush to fill it.
38. Identify the words and adjectives the buyer uses, and then use those same words to create a subconscious connection.
39. Flattery works, so compliment the prospect on a recent company achievement or personal success.
40. But acting overly enthusiastic doesn't work, so limit your use of words like "awesome!", "fantastic!", and "amazing!" (While you're at it, skip the exclamation marks as well).
41. Get your prospect to smile or laugh if possible, as research shows it's harder to say "No" while you're grinning.
42. To show you're listening, repeat what a prospect has said back to them in a slightly different way, beginning with: "What I hear you saying is . . . "
Virtual Conference Event
September 9-13, 2019
2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT, Daily
Landing new customers can be a challenge. Converting those new customers into repeat customers can be an even greater challenge. Learn how to do both at Sales Ready!
Printing Industries of America's Sales Ready! virtual conference event not only provides you with everything you need to know about how to effectively identify new prospects, but also how to turn them into loyal, lifelong customers.
Join Bill Farquharson, Trish Witkowski, Leslie Groene, Mike Philie, and Duane Cashin as they highlight how to drive more sales and take your sales strategy from good to great!
- Learn how to master time management and sell more in less time
- Explore ways to engage and sell to a multi-generational clientele base
- Discover the characteristics and skills that make an elite sales professional
- Identify the best ways to interact with your sales team to make the greatest impact on revenue
- Learn from your clients to help you make better decisions
- Walk away with actionable sales tips and resources from an all-star lineup of speakers
Monday-Friday, September 9-13, 2019
2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT, Daily
It's a virtual conference; attend from the comfort of your office
$99 PIA members | $149 non-members
More Information and Registration