I recently had lunch with 2 of my long-term friends who are both consummate, dynamic, evolving sales people. They possess skills that set them apart in the world of relationship selling. We discussed how so much more is required of sales people today to keep revenues up, customers happy and attract new clients.
Some of these winning skills and characteristics are:
Ability to Adapt
- You have to want it
- Passion for your industry
- Ambition to succeed
- Learn from success
- Learn from failure
- Skill and desire to accept and deal with change
- Understand and embrace your weaknesses
- Grow and mature in the process
- Care about the people that you work with
- Care about your clients
- Max Story
- Say Thank You!
- Be proud of your company
- Stay focused on the goal . . . your goal
- Get re-focused when hurdles come
- Keep a positive attitude
Believe in Yourself
- Stay in the game - it takes even longer today to close business
- Keep working on your prospects
- Keep prospecting
- Use positive things/people to get you to the next place
- Don't give up
- Fake it at first if you have to
- Celebrate wins
- Use your strengths
- No negative talk
10. Make a real effort to get along with the other people in your office.
Just when you thought we were through with the obvious. . . Sadly, many promising careers get shot down because of petty behavior in the office.
The best way to get a perspective on this problem is to compare it with something similar in a different environment.
We all know enough to avoid getting into an argument or brawl in a public place.
So why do we allow another individual, who might be on his or her way out anyway to prod us into constant bickering or snide remarks in the office?
The bottom line for this type of problem is to avoid it in the first place.
It doesn't really matter who started it.
However, if we're talking about a definite injustice or a violation of your rights as an employee, then you must go to your manager and stand up for yourself.
Learn more about Leslie
Click here to see video
Leslie named Leadership Excellence Top 100
Click here to see event schedule
Click here to buy now
Talk of the Town
Click here to see Leslie's Interview
Click here to read the article