Ms. Groene is an established expert witness in sales compensation disputes, marketing and sales benchmarks and in the print industry specifically with regard to related selling standards. Ms Groene is an expert witness, professional witness or judicial expert who by virtue of education, training, skill, or experience, has expertise and specialized knowledge in particular subjects beyond that of the average person, sufficient that others may officially and legally rely upon the her specialized areas of opinion about an evidence or fact issue within the scope of her expertise, referred to as the expert opinion, as an assistance to the fact-finder.
Roles as an Expert Witness:
- Advising a party, but there is no intention of putting the expert’s opinions before the court, the expert is known as an expert advisor.
- Will create an expert witness report and document all information required to support expert opinion in deposition and in court.
- If the expert advisor is working ‘behind the scenes’ in a claim before the courts, the term shadow expert is often used instead.
- An expert instructed by just one party in a claim, and whose opinion is to be put before the court, is an expert witness proper, or party-appointed expert.
- If the expert witness is instructed by all the parties in a claim, then the single joint expert epithet applies.
- In a complex claim, involving many experts, one expert witness may be appointed the lead expert.